The Auckland Harbour Bridge Company was founded in late 1930, and the following year was granted a charter to construct a bridge and collect tolls. On average, more than 170,000 vehicles cross the Auckland Harbour Bridge on weekdays, with the configuration of the eight lanes changed four times a day to adjust to peak time traffic flows. The Auckland Harbour Bridge picked up where the ferries left off. Two additional lanes on the Auckland Harbour Bridge are now open after Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency successfully completed a complex overnight repair to temporarily fix the damaged strut. The Auckland Harbour Bridge was seriously damaged on 18 September, 2020 when high winds blew a truck sideways, colliding with the Bridge’s superstructure. Traffic management restrictions are on the horizon for Auckland's Harbour Bridge Traffic management restrictions are on the horizon for Auckland's Harbour Bridge ... One Lotto ticket is now … It resembles the Sydney Harbour Bridge a little bit. At the time the clip-on additions to the Auckland Harbour Bridge were being installed in 1969, predictions noted that the increased bridge capacity would last only until about 1985. Traffic on the Auckland Harbour Bridge is making slow progress this morning as delays continue, after a truck toppled and damaged the superstructure yesterday. The company proposed a bridge along the lines suggested in the report of the 1929 commission, but the onset of the Great Depression prevented any further progress. COVID-19 UPDATE - Please note that this activity is closed as of 24 March 2020 until further notice. Expected roadwork closures on Auckland motorways, allow extra time for late night journeys. Auckland Harbour Bridge (1959 & 1969) Auckland’s driving force. Auckland Harbour Bridge: Southbound lanes now closed The last vehicles allowed to travel southbound across the Harbour Bridge tonight have just made their way across. The moveable lane barrier will also be back in operation overnight so the lane configuration will be changed to allow five southbound lanes to be open in time for the morning travel peak. The transport agency says its preferred design for the Auckland Harbour Bridge Shared Path will provide a five-metre-wide path flanking the bridge’s southbound traffic side, directly linking Westhaven to Northcote Point and connecting with the future SeaPath route. The … Auckland’s ageing Harbour Bridge can’t take any more strengthening and traffic will need to be restricted in order to maintain its”structural integrity”. Background. Waka Kotahi says the bridge has previously been strengthened several times but it is not possible to do it again due to the weight of the steel that would need to be added. Photo: Supplied/ NZTA Most lanes on the bridge were closed overnight so the nearly 23 metre long, 5 tonne steel strut could be erected. The Auckland Harbour Bridge strut was repaired first with a temporary strut, and later with a permanent fix. The rider has been taken to hospital in a serious condition. Having successfully navigated various construction and technical challenges, the Auckland Harbour Bridge was officially opened by the Governor General, Lord Cobham, on May 30 1959. This unforgettable easy going adventure takes walkers on the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. The Auckland Harbour Bridge is an eight-lane motorway bridge over the Waitematā Harbour in Auckland, New Zealand.It joins St Marys Bay on the Auckland city side with Northcote on the North Shore side. Bizarre moment a driver stops in the middle of a busy bridge to get out and TWERK to an N.W.A song as commuters speed past. It is part of State Highway 1 and the Auckland Northern Motorway.The bridge is operated by the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA). Waka Kotahi says the bridge has previously been strengthened several times but it is not possible to do it again due to the weight of the steel that would need to be added. Forecast 90 kph wind gusts did not reach expected levels on Auckland Harbour Bridge today avoiding plans to close the bridge to traffic, but transport authorities are warning that closures may happen at very short notice if necessary. CAMEROON MAGAZINE - CAMEROUN INFO - CAMEROUN ACTU Auckland Region, Front Page - Top Stories, Latest updates, New Zealand Herald, North Shore, Traffic Auckland's ageing Harbour Bridge can't take any more strengthening and traffic will need to be restricted in order to maintain its "structural … On average, more than 170,000 vehicles cross the Auckland Harbour Bridge on weekdays, with the configuration of the eight lanes changed four times a day to adjust to peak time traffic flows. Auckland Harbour Bridge can no longer be strengthened, traffic could be restricted, says NZTA - NZ Herald nzherald.co.nz - Sophie Trigger. Greenlane : Traffic SH1, Greenlane Road, 3.4 mi. The Auckland Harbour Bridge's 'pick-a-back' span film clip in Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand shows the bridge's spans being moved into place. A crash on Auckland Harbour Bridge has caused traffic to back up through to Spaghetti Junction. Waka Kotahi says the bridge has previously been strengthened several times but it is not possible to do it again due to the weight of the steel that would need to be added. All lanes over the harbour bridge were closed for just over an hour. With the Auckland Harbour Bridge operating at half capacity, and morning traffic building up on the approach to the bridge, thousands of Aucklanders endured a slower than ususal journey into work. Experience The Auckland Harbour Bridge From A Whole New Angle! This webcam Auckland with the theme Construction Sites was added on October 20, 2009 and is operated by New Zealand Accommodation Guide . All southbound lanes on Auckland's Harbour Bridge have been reopened after a crash Monday morning. By now I’m sure most have seen the news about the Auckland Harbour Bridge being damaged after a 127 km/h gust of wind blew over two trucks, including one that hit a … “A southbound lane in the centre span opened just after 7:00AM for peak time traffic and a northbound lane opened just after 8:40AM. Traffic is crawling on northbound lanes of the Auckland Harbour Bridge after a serious crash. World news - AU - Auckland Harbour Bridge traffic congestion: Latest updates, travel times - Traffic heading onto the Auckland Harbour Bridge was already building before 6am. North Shore: Traffic SH1, Esmonde Road, 3.3 mi. A woman twerked in the middle of Auckland Harbour Bridge as cars sped by her A squally cold front crossed over the Auckland Harbour Bridge just before 7am this morning, with peak gusts of 98 km/h observed. Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency says the Auckland Harbour Bridge has been restored to 100% capacity this evening with all eight lanes now open again. Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency says there are no immediate plans for vehicle restrictions on the Auckland Harbour Bridge. Auckland's ageing Harbour Bridge can't take any more strengthening and traffic will need to be restricted in order to maintain its "structural integrity". In 2019, Auckland mayoral candidate John Tamihere proposed building a monster 18-lane bridge across the harbour, that could have ample room for trains, bikes, pedestrians and motor vehicles. Even with the clip-on sections and the traffic management in place, the Harbour Bridge was soon experiencing congestion during rush hours again. Waka Kotahi says the bridge has previouslybeen strengthened several times but it is not possible to do it again due to the … If and when they are required at some time in the future, the restrictions will apply to heavy vehicles rather than general traffic, says Waka Kotahi General Manager Transport Services, Brett Gliddon. Emergency services are attending a single-vehicle collision on the bridge. This resulted in four of the Bridge’s eight lanes being closed for five days, before a temporary fix was put in place that enabled two further lanes to open. The two outside northbound lanes remain open and traffic was still moving across at a steady pace, the motorist said. On an average weekday, more than 170,000 vehicles cross the bridge, which spans the Waitemata Harbour to link highly populated North Shore suburbs with Auckland… Waka Kotahi understands the inconvenience and disruption the closure of lanes is having on motorists and thanks them for their ongoing patience. Police say a motorcyclist was injured in a collision with a truck and emergency services were at the scene. Auckland’s ageing Harbour Bridge can’t take any more strengthening and traffic will need to be restricted in order to maintain its “structural integrity”. Auckland’s ageing Harbour Bridge can’t take any more strengthening and traffic will need to be restricted in order to maintain its “structural integrity”. Climb To The Top With Our Guided Bridge Climb Or Leap 40m For NZ's Only Ocean Touch Bungy! We expect this to be for a minimum of four weeks. Auckland Harbour Bridge is about 2/3 of a mile long and is the second longest bridge in New Zealand.